Hey everyone,
Just wanted to share a quick update on the "grey noise" issue some of us are experiencing with the new iPhone 17 Pro Max.
The Issue: My 512GB model makes a distinct grey noise/hissing sound when it's plugged in and I open the Camera app.
What I Did: I contacted Apple Support through the official app and was escalated to a Senior Support Engineer. They performed a full remote hardware diagnostic.
The Official Response: Here's what they told me:
- Apple is aware of the issue.
- They are working on a software update to fix it (the diagnostics showed no hardware fault).
- They offered me a choice: wait for the update or replace the phone.
My Decision: I declined the replacement. If it's a software bug, a new unit could have the same problem. My case remains open, and if the future update doesn't resolve it, they'll contact me for other options.
I thought this was important info for fellow iPhone users! So for now, we play the waiting game...
Fingers crossed for the next... let's call it "feature-rich"... iOS 26 update to sort this out! 😉
Useful? Let me know in the comments if you're having the same issue!
iPhone 17 Pro Max, iPhone 17 Pro Max issue, iPhone 17 Pro Max bug, iPhone 17 Pro Max camera noise, grey noise iPhone, iPhone hissing sound, iPhone camera bug, Apple software bug, iOS 26 bug, Apple support, senior Apple engineer, hardware diagnostic, Apple software update, iPhone 17 review, iPhone 17 problems, iPhone noise when charging, Apple confirmed bug, iPhone tips and fixes, tech news, smartphone issues
#iPhone17ProMax #iPhone17 #AppleBug #CameraNoise #iOS26 #AppleSupport #TechNews #iPhoneIssues #SoftwareUpdate #GreyNoise #iPhoneHissing #AppleEngineer
Comments
Post a Comment